Total Pageviews

Monday, September 27, 2010

Shri Vishnu Ram Prasad

I dedicate this post to Shri Vishnuram Prasad of Chennai.

All my uploaded collections of MMI are the hard work of Shri Vishnuram Prasad of Chennai. He collected the treasure from various sources travelling all over India. The collections were in various recording media from Gramaphone, vinyl, tape etc.

He did the hard work of converting those to mp3 which indeed was a laborious task. He named every folder with the name of the sabha in which the concert was performed singer, the violinist, and the percusionist and the year in which the concert was performed. Its like this

ACADEMY-MMI-TNK-PM-THV-1965

TNK-T.N.KRISHNAN
PM-PALGHAT MANI IYER
THV-T.H.VINAYAGARAM

Then he burn it into DVDs(four numbers). Truly fantastic work.

I got his phone number from the web and contacted him and asked if he could give me his collection. He immediately told his address and asked me to come to his house to collect it. I with my brother went to his home in West Mambalam. He greeted us with warm welcome and we had a nice chat about the legend. He told his experience of collecting the treasure and people whom helped him to carry out such monumental effort. All this happened in the Year 2006 I believe.

After this I never contacted Vishnuji through phone for some time. And badly I lost his mobile number as I lost my SIM card . I wanted to mail him thru his site only after(which I give soon)doing something to his collection. I feel ashamed and apologise for not making any effort to contact Vishnuji through his mail given in the tripod website. Vishnuji kindly pardon me. Though I have not contacted you you are always in my heart.

As I promised Shri Vishnuji maintains a site dedicated to MMI. If you want any info abot MMI its the right place to look into.

http://maduraimani.tripod.com

Long live the legacy of Madurai Mani Iyer...Long live Shri Vishnuram Prasad.



4 comments:

  1. MMI is my faourite artist
    Please let me know from which link in this blog we can down load MMI songs. The efforts of the blogger are appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thrilled to see that the great joy that I experience when I listen to Madurai Mani Iyer is the kind of joy others too continue to experience. I became an ardent fan of his music in the year 1968 and never lost the enthusiasm once.

    Greetings and best wishes to your site.

    And, thanks too.

    Ramiah Kumar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mr.Veeraraghavan,

    Thanks for the DVD which is a great treasure. We are eagerly waiting for the next DVD. Any update of this?

    Regards.

    Muralidaran

    ReplyDelete